Window treatments are an essential design component in your home’s décor. They add warmth, privacy and help control light. They should never be an afterthought, but instead an important component in your overall interior design. For over 30 years Carole Lee has been working with her clients making certain their windows look professionally dressed. Here is a list of a few Dos and Don’ts of window treatments that will make your windows both attractive and practical.
- Take extremely precise measurements.
- Select the right fabric, order samples and extra fabric.
- Hang curtains above the window.
- Choose length based on function and style.
- Consider Silhouettes when they work with the architecture.
- Consider curb appeal.
- Make the most of natural light.
- Experiment with trim.
- Go for a cohesive look throughout every room.
- Ignore the hardware.
- Hang curtains right above the window.
- Forget neutral liners.
- Hang treatments too low.
- Skimp on using good Silhouettes.
- Neglect your privacy.
- Assume one size fits all.
- Settle for an outdated look.
- Don’t be afraid to hire an expert!
Contact Carole Lee Interiors today to start your window treatment project.